Monday, August 4, 2014


Dear Fifth Grade Families,

I want to first thank you for the privilage of teaching your children. As a parent myself, I know how important a teacher is in the life of a child.

I am thrilled to have found Archway Arete this year. I started my teaching career in 2000 in the Kansas City area where I graduated from Emporia State University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in Spanish . I then had the opportunity to stay home with my children. In the interim I practiced a different type of teaching, working as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor. However, my love of children and education drew me back to my first calling.

I married my husband Shawn in 2001 and we have three children, Maya, 11; Isaiah, 9; and Will, 6. After living in Overland Park, Kansas for almost twenty years, our family moved to Phoenix in 2010 and made our home in Ahwatukee. We have fallen in love with the beauty of the mountains and sun.

When I'm not working I like to stay active; I enjoy all types of fitness, from running to Zumba to Yoga! I'm an avid reader, and after years of talking and contemplating, finally decided this year to start a book club. We are active in our church community as well, serving in the children's ministry and in small groups. The rest of our time is spent carting kids to baseball, volleyball, football, dance, and play practice. I am constantly in awe of how fast life seems to move!

Teaching is my passion , and I am honored to be a part of Great Hearts Academy. My goal this year is to help your scholar develop a love of learning and to deepen their appreciation of the beauty and wonder that surrounds us. My hope is that this last year of grammar school would be a launching point that prepares both their hearts and minds for what lies ahead. I look forward to a fruitful and passionate year with you and your child!


Sincerely,
Shauna Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment